Wednesday 25 February 2009

140 and then some explained

So I’ve been toying with this idea for a while and it wasn’t until I went to TFM&A and met some really interesting people at the Tweet Up that I realised that 140 characters isn’t always enough. Don’t get me wrong, I love Twitter. I’ve been using it for a year both personally (@CatStormont) and professionally (@AltoMarketing) and am finally engaging with the community of followers I’ve managed to acquire. I must be doing something right but there are times I wish I wasn’t constrained by that crucial figure of 140.

As a result I’ve gone and done it, I’ve started “140 and then some” in an attempt to expand on and perhaps even discuss some of those conversations occurring on Twitter, the wider web, and heaven forbid even real life.

You have the fantastic people who went to the first TFM&A Tweet Up to thank for inspiring me to finally do this; @jakeisonline @denisecox @TweetPower @robenslin @tamaragielen and Mark Gooding, as well as those who couldn’t make it but who I did manage to meet and TwitPic at the show; @acapelaTV @webjam_official @PVR352 and Jan Siemaszko.

No comments:

Post a Comment